Monday, January 7, 2013

Frenzied Mind, Magical Coconut Bars, & CHOCONUT MEDLEY

Have you ever had a major project or presentation you had to work on that could determine the next stop in life? And if you failed it that could mean you were DOOMED? And you had all of 2 weeks to work on this and then comes the night before and you're running around like a crazy person with a knife bag of chocolate chips trying to remember where you put the flash drive with your presentation on it?
 No? Just me? Well then never mind.... 

I've been in a frenzy-filled-ohmygosh-I'm-not-going-to-finish-this-in-time state of mind  the whole weekend over this presentation-project.

AND NOW I'M DONE.

So, now I get to relax and focus on more important things, like food. And the pursuit of happiness. And the shocking and devastating discover I just made 22 minutes ago when I found out my DVR didn't record The Biggest Loser premiere last night. 

But mostly food. 




I've gotta be honest, the only things that got me through the last 3 days (besides chocolate chips), are Angela's AMAZING Lightened Up Magical Coconut Bars.
 Key word: Magical. 
I made these on Saturday (in preparation of my full out frenzy mode the following day) and um, well...there's about 3 bars left.


The only change I made to the recipe was using brown sugar instead of coconut sugar, and using 1 cup crushed bran flake cereal (processed in a food processor) and 1 cup crushed graham crackers (because I ran out of graham crackers.
The ending result was a slightly less sweet crust, but the sweetness of the coconut, chocolate chips and nuts more than made up for it! SOOO GOOD! 




Another sweet treat I've been enjoying is a mix of some random things that have been in the fridge for far too long and might have grown something on them (like, I dunno a pair of legs or eyes or <god forbid> some hair....ew) if I hadn't used up the ingredients. 

I've been enjoying this as a dessert after dinner. It's full of protein and has been good fuel to eat the night before a run  or even after it. 

I give you, the Choco-nut Medley. There's a little bit of tofu, some cocoa powder, coconut flour, sweetener and some other random things:



(don't mind that awkward college letter in the background....)

Choco-Nut Medley


1/4 pkg firm tofu
about 1 tbs. vanilla extract
about 1/3 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup applesauce
little more than 1/3 cup cocoa powder
4 big spoonfuls coconut flour (or any other flour of choice)
1/2 cup sweetener of choice (I used sugar-free maple syrup and hazelnut syrup)
optional: any add ins (I put in some dried fruit, nuts, and topped it  with some
 cool whip<----ohmygosh so yummy:))

Blend tofu, vanilla, milk, and vanilla in food processor.
Add in cocoa powder and coconut flour along with sweetener of choice. Blend again.
Eat out of food processor (If you wanna be like me) or be neat and scrape out of food processor into a nice bowl and eat like a fancy, proper person.

NOTE: This can be very sweet or not sweet at all depending on what flour you use, so adjust sweetener according to your own taste buds)

SECOND NOTE: I LOVE to dip pretzels in this. Amazing. Truly.



No comments:

Post a Comment